Monday, June 8, 2009

One Year

I cannot believe that I have been married to my best friend for a whole year already. I wish I could say that it has been the best year in our relationship but I can't, not since he left 6 months after we were married. I will say though, the that first six months of our marriage were the happiest times in my life... I can't wait for the next 6 months to hurry up and go by so that we can finally be a real married couple!! We have been through a lot together this first year but it has all been good. We have learned a lot about ourselves and about each other over the past year and our love and respect for one another just keeps growing. According to a lot of people, in their eyes, Ben and I got married too young. I honestly don't think that we did because we both know that we were made for each other. I love him so much.

On a lighter note, Friday morning Ben called me and told me that he just got his box. We got on web cam and I watched him open it. He loved his gifts especially the Cardinal tickets I got us for when he comes home! We have never been to a Cardinal's game together and he hasn't been to the new stadium yet so I thought it would be the perfect gift!!! I can't wait to go!!!

At work later that day I had a special delivery arrive for me. He got me a dozen roses, a teddy bear, chocolate truffles and a card. I loved it!! Was not expecting all of that at all!!! The roses are sitting right beside me now and they are really blooming!!! They are so beautiful. Hunnie, thank you so much for being so wonderful!! I love you and that will never change!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This weekend I decided that I wanted to go home. Ben's mom ended up getting into town late Saturday night so on Sunday Ben's uncle Dan, had a BBQ at his house and everyone came over. We had a lot of fun. He ended up letting me drive his 1999 Corvette!!! I couldn't believe it!! We also played poker and for the third time in a row I took Dan out of the game! I had to leave by 5 to start heading back to IL and by then we still weren't done with the game so I ended up cashing in and got my dollar back and made $3.50!! I was excited!! It was a fun game!

Well, that's about all I have for now.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and is enjoying the summer!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being married for a year! Hope you have fun at the cardinals game :) Its our hobby during the summer lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!