Sunday, July 5, 2009

She's back!!

So this weekend was the 4th of July. I had an amazing time!! It's nice to be 21 and able to get into the beer garden uptown and listen to the good bands they have. The part that made it even better though is that Betsy was there. After the wedding I probably only talked to Betsy once or twice because Steven, her boyfriend at the time, would get jealous if she was with anyone but him. Well they finally broke up and now she is back!! Her and I have hung out more in the past month than we have in the past year. I love it!! And I love her new boyfriend Allen. He is awesome! He treats her so well and we can all see that she is much much happier now! We were all on our way to Steak n Shake Friday night and Derina rode with me and was like "I can tell that Betsy is more herself now and a lot happier" I told her "I know!!!" Bets, if you are reading this, I am so glad that you are back to your normal self and that our friendship has picked up where it left off! I have missed you in my life so much!!! Allan, if you are reading this, THANK YOU sooo much for treating Bets the way that you do and for bringing my friend out of hiding and back into the real world!!!! I will never be able to thank you enough!!!

I also have many other great friends; and like Katy, I am blessed to have not one, but many best friends.
Erica and I go way back. Back to middle school actually. We lost contact there for a while during high school but once I started working at Central Bank, and she worked there as well, our friendship picked back up and we have been close ever since. She is now married to a wonderful man and has two cute puppies! I couldn't be happier for her.

Katy and I used to work at Central together. Well not together but for the same company. I actually worked with her mom. Her and Erica were friends and that's how I met her. She is def the life of the party and likes to have them! Katy is def one of a kind and loves to travel. That girl has been on more 'vacations' in one year then I have been in my whole life! lol She is now with a great guy named Kenny! It is good to finally see her with someone that makes her happy! You deserve it Katy!

Laurenn and I just met not that long ago but our friendship grew fast. She is an amazing person to be around and she is a great listener. She has been there for me when I needed someone the most. She is someone you can call when all you want to do is cry, and by the end of the call she has you laughing. She also has an amazing little boy! Keitan is the cutest and I love him to death. He's going to be president someday!!!

Kelli and I have been friends for 4 years now. We have never been close, close but we know that if either one of us needs someone to talk to that the other one is there to listen, no matter what and I love that about our friendship!

Chrissy is more like family than anything. We have known each other for 6-7 years now. She has been there for me when things got rough. She has always given me great advice on how to handle the things that I was having trouble with. I love her as if she was my blood sister and hope that our relationship never ends. She has the most precious little girl who I have the privilege of calling my niece! I love Sophie as if she were blood as well and am very honored that Chrissy and Brad have let me be apart of her life. Thank you guys so much! You are the best!

I have saved the best for last...

Ben! He is my number one! He is not only my husband, or my best friend, he is my hero! Ever since he was joined the military I have stopped taking so many things for granted. I cherish every moment that him and I get to spend together and every second that I get to talk to him on the phone. Every time I am with him or talk to him, he makes me smile! I know that I can talk to him about anything. I am so glad that we found each other. We are def soul mates and I look forward to all the wonderful years we have ahead of us!

Now back to this weekend, (sorry, got a little side tracked). I had a lot of fun! Friday night I went uptown and saw Aaron Tippin. He wasn't the greatest, but hey, it was a free concert! Then after that Betsy and I went up to the Beer Garden and got free drinks from Derina all night long! We also ran into Regan and her boyfriend there so we all just sat around and drank. After Derina got off we walked down to Bones. Only stayed for about 30 min and then left to go to Steak n Shake.

Saturday I spent the afternoon with my grandparents who were in town. At 6 I went back uptown and met Betsy, her mom, Erica, and Matt. We walked around and then went back to the Beer Garden. My friend, Katy's mom, was working the stand that night so she was giving us free drinks as well! Man is it nice to have hook ups! She got off at eight so she came and gave us some tickets so we could go up and get more drinks later on! lol Rose, you're the best! The Str8 Arrow was the band that played that night and man were they good! Me, Erica, and Rita (my dad and step mom's friend) got out of the dance floor and did the slap leather line dance! It was a lot of fun! Regan and Matt, her bf, and Allen, Betsy's bf, met us there so we had a pretty good group going! About 9:30 they started the fireworks so we watched those and then ended up going home because it started raining as soon as they were over. We had a lot of fun though! The most fun I have had in awhile!


It's weird to think that the next time that I will be back in Jeff, Ben will be with me!!!!! I cannot wait!!! 29 more days!!! The day could not get here any faster!

Well that's all for now! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have Betsy back in your life, sometimes I swear you just need to take time off from friendship for them to grow even greater! I do love to travel I can't help myself!!! !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!