Monday, December 21, 2009

The Holidays

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here! It's crazy! I love this time of year though! I love all the family time and good food! lol It's all about the food. lol well not really but its a big part! :) This is mine and Ben's first xmas together as a married couple in the same country! We have the tree up and the Christmas lights on the house!


This time of year also always reminds me of the past holidays and the great times had by all. I was going through all my old sent emails tonight, had to look for an email address and started reading, and ran across some between me and an old friend. Made me realize that when we were friends we had alot of fun times together. There are days that I miss her as a friend but other days it doesn't bother me. Everything happens for a reason and we, I guess, were not meant to be life long friends. I just wish things didn't end as bad as they did. So if you are reading this, for what it is worth, I'm sorry for how things ended between us. I wish you a life full of happiness and joy.


Anyways, I feel better now that I got that off of my chest. I believe that as one of my new year resolutions I'm going to try not to judge people as much and forgive more easily. Also, Ben and I are going to start going to church next year. There is a First Assembly of God right by our house that we have been talking about joining. He grew up in a church as a child and really liked it. I, however, didn't get to. I went to church at St. Martins with my grandparents and aunt when I was younger but not on a regular basis. Also, when Ben and I have kids, we want them to grow up in a church as well.


Well, I better end this and head off to bed. We have a busy day tomorrow! We are having our friends twin 5 year olds over to spend the night while their parents have a much needed night out to themselves. We are going to make a pizza from scratch, eat the ginger bread house, play the wii, and play with the dogs! They are bringing their nine week beagle mix puppy over for Rascal to have someone to play with! I'm sure we will also make some home made popcorn and watch some Christmas movies, that is if we can get them off the Wii! lol They love that thing! lol We are sooo excited though!!! We have been asking to watch them for awhile now! :)


Alright... off to bed I go! We hope everyone has a wonderful time with friends and family this Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!!

Love,
The McHugh's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!