Monday, October 5, 2009

New Beginnings

I realized tonight that there are a lot of new beginnings that are happening, or about to happen, in mine and Ben's life. We are getting ready to close on our first house in ten days!! That is super exciting!! We are also going to FINALLY get a chance to have a real marriage. I mean, don't get me wrong, we have a marriage now, but we will finally get to live together and be together like married couples are supposed to. I love being an army wife, that's not what I'm saying, but I do miss my husband. And being a newly wed and them him leaving to go off to war makes it even harder. I see all those other newly married couples out there and get jealous because they have what I want, but I have to keep telling myself that I'm the one that said 'I do' and I can do this. In my opinion, Ben and I have a much better understanding in marriage than most newly weds. (I'm not saying this about all newly weds, I'm just saying compared to others that I have seen). We are both independent people and don't need the other one to lean on. We can do our own thing without the other one if we want and we also really enjoy being together. We also have one thing that most marriages lack nowadays and that is communication! We know now that if we can get through a deployment then we can get through anything!!

Also, for another new beginning, I have started training in the branch at work! I'm excited about this but I'm also a little nervous. Today was a good day and I really did learn alot! There is sooo much more to learn though. I just hope that I end up enjoying working in the branch and that this stuff comes easy to me. After today, I'm feeling good about the whole thing, but it was still just day one. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a better feel for the whole thing. I must say though, I am going to miss working in the district office. I really enjoyed working there, especially with everyone in the office. But... I'm not afraid of a challenge and I'm going to do my best to learn as much as possible before I move and hopefully get transferred. ☺


This past weekend was a very relaxing weekend!! I went shopping for some new work clothes, which I haven't done in a long time, and found some really good deals!! And of course, I found some new stuff for the house too! hehe!!

However, while I was out, I couldn't pass up this cute little sweater and coat for Rascal!! He got his hair cut Friday and is almost completely shaved bald! lol So since it is getting cold out I decided that he needs a coat to go outside in and a nice sweater to wear when we go places!! lol I know, I'm a total dork! lol Enjoy the pics!
Well... I think I have said enough for one night. lol I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a great job of being a military wife! I am proud of you and cannot wait for you and Ben to start your family.
    See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!