Friday, November 27, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving 2009

This year was our first Thanksgiving in our new house! It was a success!!! Amanda and her two kids came over as well as Ben's dad. I made the turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn. Amanda made fruit salad, the gravy, stuffing, rolls, and a sweet potato thing. It was all very yummy! I was very happy that the turkey turned out. It was the first time I have ever made one... and celebrated a holiday away from family!

While Amanda and I slaved away in the kitchen, Ben and Wally entertained Austin and Lilie with the Wii. They were skiing, hola hooping, bowling, playing baseball, boxing, playing tennis and much much more. They were def worn out by the time that they left.

All in all it was a good Thanksgiving. I think the only thing that could have made it a PERFECT Thanksgiving is Amanda's husband, Rich, being home to celebrate with us. Only a few more weeks and he should be here. We are all still praying for you Rich and can't wait for you to get home to your kiddos and wife!!!!



This morning, Black Friday, Ben and I got up at three thirty and headed to Amanda's house on base. Ben stayed and took a nap on the couch until he had to go to work while Amanda and I went shopping. We got everything we wanted plus more! Amanda's car was def loaded down by the time we were done!

Well... I think that is all I have to talk about. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!