Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's been too long...

Wow, Has it really been since May since I last blogged? So much has happened since then. Where to start... where to start!! Let's try starting from the beginning shall we?!

June 7th rolled around and my wonderful husband and I celebrated our second marriage anniversary. It was the first anniversary we have gotten to celebrate and I must say, it was definitely better than last year! We ended up spending the day together and going out to dinner. Three days later the CMA Fest started in Nashville so since it was so close to our anniversary Ben got us tickets to go for all four nights!!! He is so sweet to me! He knows that Reba and Keith Urban are my absolute favorite and that they would be there, so what better way to celebrate our anniversary than dancing and singing the night away with all the wonderful and talented country music artists?! For the Fest, my aunt and uncle, Glen and Debbie, came down and got tickets as well! We all had a wonderful time and are thinking of doing it again the next summer than Ben is home.



The next couple of weeks were a little busy for us. Our dear friends Erica and Matt came down and spent a few days with us. We don't get to see them enough. The day that they left, my uncle Frank and cousin Aaron came into town to spend a few days with us since they were on their way to Florida! Aaron is like my little, but bigger, brother! I love him to pieces and so glad that him and Frank stopped by our house! We definitely enjoyed their company and can't wait to see them again.

July 2nd finally got here and it was time for us to hop on a plane and fly to Alaska to visit Ben's mom! It was the MOST beautiful place I have ever been! We had so much fun! We fished for Halibut (which we brought back 83 pounds of btw), caught shrimp, saw whales, sea lions, seals, and eagles. We also went hiking, shopping, and zip lining. I have never had so much fun in all my life and was very upset to leave. So upset in fact that I cried when we landed in Nashville. I know, I know, I'm a big baby. You go to Alaska, come back and tell me that you truly wanted to come back home and not stay! lol



Now we are back to our day to day lives. I have three weeks left of school and then my externship before I am done!!! I can't wait! Well, it's really bittersweet actually. I can't wait for it to be over so that I can start working and we can get the two things that I really really want and keep begging him for, but at the same time I don't want to wish my time away with my hubby. It's crazy to think that in six months he leaves again. It seems like he just got here and we have barely had enough time to start our lives back up again. I know that it's the Army life and this is what happens but I must say that it sucks. My crying spells have already happened and I already know that this next tour will be harder than the first. With the first tour, we had only lived together two months before he had to leave since I was finishing up my first round of schooling so therefore we were kinda used to being separated. Now, however, it's a different story. We have lived in our first house together everyday (minus Army training) since he got home. I'm just going to miss him is all, and I pray that he comes home untouched, safe and sound like last time.

Okay, now since that is off my chest I'm going to but it far far away in the back of my brain and not take a single moment I have with him for granted. I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you sweetie!!!

Well... the dryer and basket full of unfolded clothes are calling my name. Until next time. Have a week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!