Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Certain In-laws

I just don't get it. I am trying to be nice and keep them all informed of what is going on with their nephew being overseas and do I get a 'Thank You' in return?? Hell no. Okay here is the thing, as you all know my husband is overseas and about twice a month I send out an email to all of our friends and family members and let them all know how he is doing. This past one I sent out I also sent his address along with it. Well.. I have had his address for awhile but back when he was in basic he gave us the wrong one and he didn't get alot of our letters until two weeks before he graduated. I didn't want something like that to happen again so I decided to send him a postcard from Florida and see if it arrived at the address he gave me. Well two days after I sent the postcard he calls me and tells me that there is a minor change in his address!! I WAS RIGHT PEOPLE!!!! He still ended up getting the post card but it did end up taking longer than expected! So anyways, I got his new address and once I got home from Florida I emailed everyone it. Well, after sending it I get emails back from our friends and my family, and some of his family too, saying 'Thank you', 'glad to hear he is doing good' yadda yadda. I am glad to get those because I know that they are receiving the emails and appreciate them. Well a certain in-law of mine never writes back. They are the ones that wanted him not to marry me and it just really pisses me off that they don't appreciate that I keep them up to date of what is going on with their nephew. I don't have to send them those emails, I didn't have to give them his address but I did/do because I know that is what Ben would want me to do. I know that I am probably blowing this all out of perspective but it just hurts knowing that when I'm trying to keep them informed about Ben they just don't care. I just don't get how people are just so darn disrespectful. IDK, maybe all of this is because there are still issues between us that have nothing to do with this post or what, I just know that if they don't start respecting me soon, then the emails about Ben are going to stop. I am not going to put up with their bullshit. I wont do it. I have too much other stuff going on then to have to worry about them.
Sorry everyone, I had to blow off a little steam!!!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog through friends of friends (I know Regan really well!) But let me just say that I can completely relate to your in-law problems. I hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!