Monday, January 19, 2009

One month exactly..

It has been that long since Ben has been gone. Everything was going smoothly until I got a phone call from my FRG Saturday night (the night that it had been a month that he has been gone). First she introduces herself and then she tells me that there was a chinock helicopter that crashed in Afghanistan. My heart immediatly dropped. She informed me that Ben was not on that helicopter and that he was alright otherwise I would have gotten a different phone call from someone higher up in the command. I was really relieved to hear that but at the same time I just couldnt quit crying. I couldn't believe that something actually happend. I cant even begin to describe the feelings that I was having. I immediatly called Stacey and asked if she had heard anything and just cried to her because I know she knew what I was going through.

I ended up going on with my plans that night and went to my friends bday party and when I got home later on I had an email from Ben! He said that he was okay and safe and that he would explain later! He called me the next morning and told me that he was not flying that day but that our friend was on that helicopter. He didnt get hurt but one guy had to go to Germany for treatment and one soldier died. The guy that died was being transported to go home and start his R&R. I couldnt believe it. I dont know the soldier that died but I feel so deeply connected to what happened. I grieve for his family because I cant even imagine what they must be feeling like. I will be praying for them and the rest of our soldiers over there and pray for their safe return home.

As for the rest of my weekend... I had a sleepover with my niece and nephew last night!!! I had so much fun!! I love them to pieces!!! Sophie is so silly I just laugh everytime she does something, good or bad! lol Brayden is just so gosh darn cute I just want to squeeze him to pieces!!!
I hope the rest of you had a great weekend!! Enjoy the short week at work!

2 comments:

  1. Kim~
    You, Ben, Stacey, and Dustin are all very lucky to have each other through this very hard time. I am very grateful that everything worked out okay and we all pray for those who are losing family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim-I am so glad to hear that Ben is ok. My heart stopped when I started reading this post. I think we should all be reminded of what is going on overseas and to pray for all soldiers and familys daily. Hope you have a good week. P.s. I didnt get a short week :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!